6.23.2011

Budget Buster vs Bargain Buy: Jeffrey Campbell Edition


Left: Prada Platform Brogue $795
Right: Jeffrey Campbell Ad Long $165

Some say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. While I am not sure that everyone in the fashion industry would agree there is something to be said about making high end fashion ideas accessible to the masses.

While I find knock offs that try to pass as the real thing super annoying sometimes I am on the fence about brands that take high fashion ideas and turnout something similar ( sometimes very similar) at a much more reasonable pricepoint.  The peeps at Jeffrey Campbell, on the other hand, seem to have no problem with this practice whatsoever. In addition to their own unique designs they continually turnout lower priced versions of designer footwear.

I am currently lusting after their Ad Long, an excellent stand in for the Prada Platform Brogue that I have had my eyes on. In addition to the Ad Long I've included some other JC imitators below for your viewing pleasure and I'll leave it up to you to decide if they are cool or not.





No comments:

Post a Comment