6.07.2011

Budget Buster vs. Bargain Buy: Neon Lasercut Clutch

Top Left and Bottom Right: Christopher Kane Leather Laser Cut Clutch
Top Right and Bottom Left: Deena and Ozzy Laser Cut Clutch

I love fashion and inevitably each season I develop a mad crush on many of the lovely pieces that float down the runways although I know I will never be able to afford them. It is almost as if the insane price tag makes me covet them even more. One of my favorite designers, Christoper Kane, sent some of the most lust-worthy items down the runway for S/S 11. I was especially smitten with the neon lasercut leather and lace pieces.

 Naturally, my heart skipped a beat last week when I came across a clutch version of the neon lasercut leather sold exclusively on Net-a-Porter. While the $530 price tag is only a fraction of the apparel items in the collection it is still, sadly, WAY out of my budget. Lucky for the bargain hunter in us all Deena and Ozzy has turned out a worthy look-alike that is a mere $39.

When I find a bargain item that helps me recreate the runway looks I love I feel like I have won the lottery. For that reason I have decided to start a new regular feature called Budget Buster vs. Bargain Buy to share my discoveries.

Hope you enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment