7.03.2011

Retail Math #4: Decked out like Dior

Christian Dior's s/s 2011 collection was rife with looks suitable for characters stepping out of a modern day interpretation of South Pacific. While most of the looks were a little too kitschy for my taste one in particular stood out from the rest. Something about the pairing of a casual blue print dress, neutral shoes and bag, and retro cat eye sunglasses done in a thoroughly modern pop color was quite pleasing to my eye.

What drew me to this look and inspired me to try to recreate it is the fact that I could totally visualize an urban fashionista throwing this on whether she was on holiday exploring the market of a tropical locale or on a weekend excursion searching for treasures at the neighborhood flea. All of the pieces I put together to recreate this look can work seamlessly into your warm weather wardrobe, but together they conjure up the casually sophisticated feel of the runway original.



Christian Dion S/S 2011


Spread created on Shopstyle.com
Runway Photo via Style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment